Thursday, April 12, 2007

A Two Outer Presto-ization

To say I have been running bad is putting it mildly. As such, I haven't played 1000 hands in the last three weeks. These hands demonstrates why:

$5/10NL, 9-handed

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Fuel55 raises $20 to $30 from EP with [7s 7h]
IDIOT IN THE BB calls $20

*** FLOP *** [3s 9d 2h]
Fuel55 bets $55
IDIOT IN THE BB calls $55

*** TURN *** [3s 9d 2h] [6c]
Fuel55 bets $95
IDIOT IN THE BB raises $47 to $142 and is all-in (like a check-raise here for $47 makes any sense whatsoever ...)
Fuel55 calls $47 (I put him on A6 at best)

*** RIVER *** [3s 9d 2h 6c] [5d]

*** SHOW DOWN ***
IDIOT IN THE BB shows [5c 5s] (three of a kind, Fives) (of course you hit your two outer moron)
Fuel55 mucks hand
IDIOT IN THE BB collected $456 from pot

Thankfully he was a short stack who dined and dashed a few hands later.

It doesn't seem to matter how good I play I just keep getting sucked out for modest-to-monster sized pots as an overwhelming favorite.

And if that wasn't bad enough, maybe you like this hand where I finally went broke in the same session:

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Fuel55 raises $20 to $30 from button with [3d 3s]
Reraising Lucksack raises $60 to $90 from BB (he is reraising from his BB about 50% of the time)
Fuel55 calls $60 (set mining 101)

*** FLOP *** [Ks Jc 9d]
Reraising Lucksack checks
Fuel55 checks

*** TURN *** [Ks Jc 9d] [3c]
Reraising Lucksack bets $180
Fuel55 raises $400 to $580
Reraising Lucksack reraises $450 to $1030 (for sure he put me on a steal which is logical since a 3 is "unlikely" to improve my hand 95% of the time)
Fuel55 rereraises $34 to $1064 and is all-in (if he has QT, KK, JJ or 99 – so be it)
Reraising Lucksack calls $34

*** RIVER *** [Ks Jc 9d 3c] [Qc]

*** SHOW DOWN ***
Reraising Lucksack shows [4c 5c] (a flush, Jack high)
Fuel55 mucks hand
Reraising Lucksack collected $2310 from pot

Maybe my mistakes were not 4-betting him preflop and not c-betting flop but really I think I played the hand pretty good.

Tough to win when you are consistently getting this unlucky.


smokkee said...


Raveen said...


SirFWALGMan said...

nice to see horrible play is at all levels of the game.. I think..

Goat said...

The only good news?

Presto really IS gold.

Schaubs said...

gross. I see you are posting beats, which is refreshing. I thought you were made of Kryptonite for the longest time. You'll bounce back and have win your biggest pot ever soon enough. Keep grinding.