Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Presto is Gold (Part 24)

9-handed $2/4NL game

*** HOLE CARDS ***
LP raises $8 to $12
SB raises $23 to $35
Fuel55 calls $31 from BB with [5d 5s] (a position call with the signature hand!)
LP folds

*** FLOP *** [8d 4c 9d]
SB bets $35
Fuel55 calls $35 (fairly easy call since he very likely has AK, AQ, or an overpair)

*** TURN *** [8d 4c 9d] [6h]
SB checks
Fuel55 checks (my flop call gets me a free card because I was willing to fold to another bet)

At this point I put him on AK and would have bet the river anyway but luckily I river my 5 as usual ...

*** RIVER *** [8d 4c 9d 6h] [5h]
SB checks
Fuel55 bets $36
SB calls $36 (and he check calls with an overpair)

*** SHOW DOWN ***
Fuel55 shows [5d 5s] (three of a kind, Fives)
SB mucks hand [Qh Qd]
Fuel55 collected $221 from pot

This guy played his queens very passively post-flop and it cost him. I guess I had him running scared ???

6 comments:

slb159 said...

Indeed he played that passively post-flop. If he was inclined to put that much money in the pot prior to showdown, I would have just shoved on the flop...and lost...but I think that's his better move.

There were no flush possibilities although a str8 draw was there, and if they saw that you play a fairly wide range of hands, then that's the only thing he could have put you on.

A pair of 8's or 9's and you'd reraise there prolly preflop. But oh well, his bad...nice taking 110$ from a weak opponent. Congrats!

slb159 said...

Oh, there was a flush draw there...ooops. Well either way...shove the flop if you're willing to take it to showdown committing a bunch of your stack.

MattQ said...

Consider yourself linked. Care to add me to the Canadian Poker Blogs of Note?

Anonymous said...

i love the comment you make on the flop:

(fairly easy call since he very likely has AK, AQ, or an overpair)

WHAT CAN YOU BEAT IF HE HAS AN OVERPAIR? lol

i still love you

smokkee said...

i got 5-5 no less than 4 times today at Commerce. not once did i hit a set. it probably cost me a total of approx $60 to see flops with it today. 5-5 blows.

Love_elf said...

Dr. Fuel - checked out your profile. Did not know you liked fine wine! Would love to hear some recommendation.

And by the way - Thanks for the encouragement on my journey! The support of friends is essential.